(soon to be retired)
|:: HOME :: GET EMAIL UPDATES :: * LINKS TO SOME GOOD SITES :: EMAIL ::|
Read/Post Comments (7)
2016-02-07 2:28 PM
If You Missed The Train I'm On....
Apparently, I used to be better at journaling here than I am now. Yes, it's true.
Things are afoot here, big things, medium things, and small things.
Not to identify which is which, I will try to explain why I have been so delinquent in my entries here.
* I had that computer problem a few weeks ago. I still don't know how it happened, but my ability to use windows on my laptop stopped abruptly and I spent days and days trying to figure it out. Finally I got a new laptop, and it took many more days of ironing out the bugs with this machine, which I have named "Esme." I think I have it worked out now.
I wanted to see if I could get the files off my old machine and put onto my new machine, so my neighbor, Bob, advised me what I would need and I ordered the hard-drive casing for the old hard drive as well as an external hard drive for backing up my files on the new machine.
I got those two items this past week. Bob was ill and couldn't come over, and I, being the impatient soul I am, tried to do it myself. I did it. The transfer of some stuff from old to new machine, that is. Mainly I wanted to get my tax program transferred so I could use it soon! I did it successfully after about a day and a half of trying. I did not do the back-up, however, but will wait for Bob to be here with me.
* Another item is that we are in the midst of a dog problem but we don't want to get into that now. Needless to say, it has drained us both and is not making for happy days lately. More on that at another time.
* And now, it seems like Paul might have the flu! He is up in bed right now, in the middle of the day, under his duvet with a bucket beside him (in case he's sick) and a glass of water. He took 2 Tylenols already but couldn't tolerate the tomato soup I made for him at lunch.
Paul is the usual pill-giver in this house.. to the dogs, so I've had to take over that job for him while he is out of commission.
* Then we had all that snow. I can't complain about it because we have had spring-like weather here up til this point. We got about 6 inches of snow all in one day, and it was thick and heavy and wet.
I took this yesterday - or was it Friday? I can't remember. Most of it has melted off the trees by now, too, so not too bad. Paul did a lot of shoveling but not more than was absolutely necessary... we believe in the power of melting... just let it be and it will go away - eventually!
* Then, in the middle of all of this, I found out, almost by accident during a google search, that an old friend from my previous marriage days, and some time after that, Joe B., had died in 2014. I had no idea. He lived with his wife and family in Bloomington, Indiana - where Bill and I lived for a time. Joe was our "best friend" for our time there. Joe had come out East to stay with Bill a couple of times, too, and even though Bill and I were divorced, Joe came over to see me a couple of times for supper at my place, which was lovely. That was the last time I ever saw him, but we did correspond by letter for a while after that.
To learn that he had passed away was a total shock. He was the most amazing man, and he spent his life working to make the life and health of others better. He and his wife built up a business in Indiana called Touchstone (a health and wellness center), so it just seemed that Joe would be the last person to get cancer in his late 50's - way too young to go. But he did.
For the entire year of 2014, his wife wrote a journal almost daily of their experience going through his last year of life. I have just finished reading every word she wrote. It has taken me 3 or 4 days. It was incredible.
So after all this stuff going on, I am drained and not really in the writing mood lately.
When I get into that mood again, you'll see me back. But until then, I'm off to deal...
Bex & Co.
2003 - Present Archives at Diaryland
Read/Post Comments (7)
Previous Entry :: Next Entry
Back to Top
© 2001-2010 JournalScape.com. All rights reserved.
All content rights reserved by the author.