601208 Curiosities served
2006-12-21 5:30 PM
A Full Deck
Previous Entry :: Next Entry
Read/Post Comments (1)
My stash of topics has dwindled this month as I’m attempting to post every day, and thus I am using an entry from Eric as my template for today.
1. First name? Susan
2. Were you named after anyone? Yes. The daughter of my parents’ best friends, Susan McKinnon. We lost touch many years ago, but last I heard she was a scuba diving instructor in Florida.
3. Do you wish on stars? Yes. And trucks filled with hay. Is that a Pennsylvania thing?
4. When did you last cry? Furtively when watching a sad movie, although I can’t recall which one.
5. Do you like your hand writing? No, but I liked the handwriting of one of my college roommates, Susan Donahue Kolterman, and a friend from junior high school, Kerrie Kyde, and that of my mother.
6. What is your favorite lunch meat? Plain loaf. Pretty disgusting, huh?
7. What is your birth date? The same as Donny Osmond’s.
8. What is your most favorite album? Bruce Cockburn, Breakfast in New Orleans. Or Leonard Cohen, 10 New Songs. Or perhaps Lucinda Williams, Car Wheels on a Gravel Road. Or maybe Dar Williams, The Honesty Room. Or Gilliam Welch, Time (The Revelator). It’s way too stressful to have to make a choice like this.
9. Favorite Jewelry? My mother’s and grandmother’s engagement rings, my grandmother’s charm bracelet, and my great aunt’s “cocktail ring”.
10. Do you have a journal? This one, plus a paper journal that has now grown to about 6 volumes for this year, the first year I’ve kept to my pledge to have at least one entry per day.
11. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Read any entry from this journal and you’ll be able to come to the right conclusion.
12. What are your nicknames? When I was in 4th grade the boys used to call me Apple Core, derived from my last name. I convinced myself it was a term of endearment.
13. Would you bungee jump? Only if my childrens’ lives depended on it. And even then I’d need a written contract that they’d take care of me in my old age.
14. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Mostly. Sometimes after coming back from the gym, when I just want to shed all the sweaty clothing, I peel off my sneakers without untying them.
15. Do you think that you are strong? Physically – I am humbled every time I go to the gym. Emotionally – hmmm.
16. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Black raspberry with a chocolate fudge truffle chaser.
17. Shoe Size? 8W
18. Red or pink? Red. Or rose. Rarely pinky-pink.
19. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? Way too judgmental. Someday I’ll confess my profiling of drivers’ behavior by the vehicle they’re piloting.
20. What do you like most about yourself? I overcome my natural tendency to be a hermit-like introvert every day
21. Do you want everyone you send this to send it back? I think I got over chain letters in 7th grade.
22. What color pants and shoes are you wearing? Grey yoga pants (can’t do yoga, but I love the uniforms), brown slip-on winter things (in a men’s size 6.5 which fits like the proverbial foot glove).
23. What are you listening to right now? As Time Goes By, that British show with Judi Dench
24. Last thing you ate? Bistro roast chicken, buttered (well, Smart Balanced) noodles, broccoli and roasted garlic on bread
25. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Periwinkle
26. What is the weather like right now? Crispy after the sun sets, hydrocarbon induced warmth during the day
27. Last person you talked to on the phone? The head of a consulting company who may have a job for me.
28. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex? What is this opposite thing of which we speak? I’m thinking it’s more like perpendicular instead of opposite.
29. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Certainly
30. Favorite Drink? Hot sweet English Breakfast tea with cream
32. Hair Color? Real or enhanced?
33. Eye Color? Brown. No enhancement here
34. Do you wear contacts? Just reading glasses on a glass-bead chain around my neck
35. Favorite Food? Chocolate chip cookies. Mmmmm.
36. Last Movie You Watched? Imposter. Gary Sinese starred in and produced this Blade Runner Lite version of a Philip K. Dick short story. Not wonderful, not terrible, just sort of eh.
37. Favorite Movie? Lost in Translation? Love Always? A Christmas Story? Blade Runner? The Wizard of Oz?
38. Favorite Day of the year? They’re all good
39. Scary Movies or Happy Endings? Happy endings. One of them probably caused the answer to #4.
40. Summer or winter? Spring and fall – I prefer the in-between seasons to the ones that smack you full in the face
41 Hugs or kisses? That’s a more difficult choice than chocolate vs. ice cream
42. What is your favorite dessert? Chocolate mousse
43. Who is Most Likely To Respond? Anyone who wants to sell you something
44. Who Is Least Likely To Respond? Anyone who owes you money
45. What Books Are You Reading? Girl in Landscape by Jonathan Lethem (this transcends genres and covers a coming-of-age story, mob/xenophobic behavior, and motherless daughters). Also just finished Wives Behaving Badly by Elizabeth Buchan (very well-written sequel to Revenge of the Middle-Aged Woman in which the Other Woman’s perspective is considered).In my stack from the library: Happiness Sold Separately by Lolly Winston; Last to Leave by Clare Curzon; The Berlin Conspiracy by Tom Gabbay; Do No Harm by Gregg Hurwitz; The Effect of Living Backwards by Heidi Julavits; As She Climbed Across the Table by Jonathan Lethem; Vapor Trail by Chuck Logan; Home Front by Chuck Logan; Morning spy, evening spy by Colin MacKinnon; The Psycho-Ex Game by Merrill Markoe
46. What's On Your Mouse Pad? Haven’t had one in years – using a laptop with a touchpad. After two carpal tunnel surgeries I find that gripping a hunk of plastic for extended periods makes my hand cramp. That goes for using a mouse also.
47. What Did You Watch Last night on TV? House. Living without a DVR would be an extreme sacrifice. I'd rather give up my hair dryer.
48 Favorite Smell? Lavender
49. Favorite sound? Rain
50. Stones or Beatles? Beatles
51. What's the farthest you've been from home? Bangalore, India. More than half a world away, it’s a universe distant.
52. Who sent this to you? Generously contributed by Eric Mayer
Read/Post Comments (1)
Previous Entry :: Next Entry
Back to Top
© 2001-2010 JournalScape.com. All rights reserved.
All content rights reserved by the author.