No matter what the day brings, deep down I know it really is a good day because I have the man of my dreams, a kitty who loves me, a roof over my head and I live in paradise.

Get Email Updates
Al-Anon Family Groups
annanotbob3's journal
A Place of My Own
bunt sign
Eric Mayer Byzantine Blog
Hyperbole and a Half
L. L. Bean
LA the Sage
Reenies's Reach
Talking Stick
Thoughts From Crow Cottage
Topsy Turvy's Journal
Email Me

Admin Password

Remember Me

279636 Curiosities served
Share on Facebook

A Busy Morning
Previous Entry :: Next Entry


Read/Post Comments (2)


"An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language." - Martin Buber

I forgot to change my alarm this morning so it went off at 7:30 a.m. instead of 8 a.m. I can see through the window that it is overcast. Plus, it is a little chilly. This morning I do not open the slider.

I debate as to whether to take a shower now or wait until later in the day. I choose to wait but I do put my make-up on today. Yippee, tomorrow I have a new eye shadow and lipstick.

I am getting up earlier than usual this morning because I have a ride to the Monday morning Al-Anon meeting in Cayucos. I used to go to this meeting faithfully a long time ago and when I went back to work, that put the kibosh on not attending this meeting. Back in the day it was a step study meeting and now it is a literature meeting. The book of the moment is "From Survival to Recovery." I like this book because it has the Al-Anon Promises in it.

Anyway, I get up and get around and get myself ready. All the while Bailey is fussing because he wants his stuff taken care of. I also washed out his bowls which I should have done on Saturday but I let myself not follow my plan and it did not get done. Once Bailey has his food, he is a happy camper and leaves me alone.

While I wait until I go outside, I read my "The Daily Book of Art." Today's focus was on collages dealing with advertising. Very interesting and I had not thought of creating art with the use of advertising.

I read my page in Courage to Change.

Now it is time to go outside to wait for my ride to appear. I am so glad that it worked out that someone from Los Osos was able to give me a ride to the meeting.

I did take my anxiety medication because I am entering a new situation and I know that this is a BIG meeting. I feel somewhat anxious but I see faces I have not seen in several years. They are all glad to see me. It feels like home coming.

I actually got to share. I did what I do for Friday night and took down names and summarized their share or wrote questions to their share.

This meeting is very strict on using the timer. It was a big meeting and not everyone had a chance to share but it was okay.

My other prayer was answered because I wanted to come away with a ride for next week. I happened to talk to another member about who she knew that lived in Los Osos and she said she did. She said she would be happy to give me a ride to the meeting. So, Sunday night I am going to touch base with her and then meet her at Starbuck's on Monday morning. She said sometimes she has others ride with her to that meeting.

My hopes are that I can also find others who live in Los Osos so I can continue to go to that meeting. I came away feeling so much better than before I went. Getting to meetings is important and I do think I would go to one every day if I lived closer to them. Well, if nothing else, I do have my Friday night meeting. It is better than not going.

I came home to a quiet house. The energy is quiet.

For the house today, I must clean the bathroom. I did do the wipe down of the sink and toilet. I also want to clean the tub and shower but that may be too much but I will see what I can handle.

Today is a walk day. I think I may take an easy one and walk down to South Bay Boulevard and back. It is a 30 minute walk and at least I will have gotten in my exercise for the day.

I think I like having my schedule on the MS Outlook. I have all my tasks in the task list and my appointments on the calendar. Nice and tidy.

Fred and Boo, the house plants, are looking perky this afternoon as I sit here and type. They look interested in how I am doing.

I feel pretty good this morning. I feel good that I did my self-care this morning. I do NEED to take a shower today. I feel good that I worked on my finger nails last night. I do need to give myself a pedicure and to rub lotion on my feet every night but that will come.

I do not know what to do with my finger nails. I am beginning to tear them off. I have been keeping them filed down to as short as I can get them. However, if there is even a little bit of nail for my teeth to grab onto I will tear the nail off.

Last night I even filed my toe nails. They are brittle and all out of shape. Even if I do not put polish on, it is good to take care of my toe nails and be aware of my feet. I am glad I still have feeling in mine since Michael cannot feel anything in his feet. We have been keeping an eye on the sore spot on the side of his ankle on his right foot. I have gotten him to where he is applying the bag balm. We do not want that sore to get infected.

Well, I must get on with my day.

mz. em

Currently reading:
-- "Taltos" - Anne Rice
-- "The Daily Book of Art/356 readings that teach, inspire & entertain" - day 28

Read/Post Comments (2)

Previous Entry :: Next Entry

Back to Top

Powered by JournalScape © 2001-2010 JournalScape.com. All rights reserved.
All content rights reserved by the author.