No matter what the day brings, deep down I know it really is a good day because I have the man of my dreams, a kitty who loves me, a roof over my head and I live in paradise.

Get Email Updates
Al-Anon Family Groups
annanotbob3's journal
A Place of My Own
bunt sign
Eric Mayer Byzantine Blog
Hyperbole and a Half
L. L. Bean
LA the Sage
Reenies's Reach
Talking Stick
Thoughts From Crow Cottage
Topsy Turvy's Journal
Email Me

Admin Password

Remember Me

279795 Curiosities served
Share on Facebook

Monday Monday
Previous Entry :: Next Entry


Read/Post Comments (3)


"Silence should be used sparingly. But used, nonetheless." - Stephanie Ericsson


I don't know what it is but I have not been waking up full of energy the last couple of weeks. I don't want to get up when my alarm goes off and it's not because it is terribly early. The absolute earliest is 6 a.m. on Tuesdays and Wednesdays because I go to the food bank on those days. Next comes 7 a.m. on Sunday so I can get to church and then 7:45 a.m. the rest of the week just because. I'm slowly trying to get up earlier because that is when I have the most energy and can get the most done. But then, I think I have written about this all ready.

I did meditate this morning. I still have so much work to do in the second bedroom. My meditation space is just that, a space. I have just enough room for my floor pillow with room for knees to be on the carpet. After that I am enclosed by boxes. I know, it takes time and when I am feeling energetic I will tackle those boxes.

I got in a 30 minute walk this morning. I walked up to the pharmacy and back. I'm not feeling that energetic this morning so I feel this is good enough to begin the week.

Yesterday the pharmacy sent me one of those robotic phone calls stating one of my scripts was ready. Lucky me, when I arrived this morning the scripts I called in last night were ready for pick up as well. The good news, there were no co-pays on them. The no co-pay on my meds is helping to finance the monthly premium on my insurance.

It is a lovely day out. The sun is shining and there is only a light breeze.

With very little breeze, I attempted spray painting my nursery pots. Well, there was enough of a breeze to get spray back onto the uncovered part of the parking lot. I thought I had put out enough paper but I guess not. This is my first attempt at spray painting in a good many years and my first pot shows it. Oh well, I will look at it as a piece of art. You know, like I intended to have drip down the side marks and the footprints of a little fly, and the edge mark of the paper that got away from the weight I had set on it. My second pot is much better. Michael took over on the third pot and it is the best of all three.

I did not follow Nate Berkus' suggestions such as wearing rubber gloves. I have blue paint on one hand. I didn't use a flat paint but a glossy. Although I did put down newspaper, I just didn't put down enough. Oh well, live and learn.

At least now I have three blue pots!

Oh, I went surfin' the 'Net and discovered I have an account on Flickr and have never used it. So, tomorrow I am going to upload some photos and hopefully put some photos here on JS.

I read some e-mail and responded to others. I took time to read some of my latest book and tried to take a nap but that didn't work out.

I did get ready to go to my Monday night meeting. I feel like I bookend my weekend by attending the Friday night meeting and then going to the Monday night one. Plus, it sets up my week to be a good one.

mz. em

Currently reading:
-- "Alex Cross's Trial" - James Patterson and Richard Dilallo
-- "The Daily Book of Art: 365 readings that teach, inspire & entertain" - day 165

Read/Post Comments (3)

Previous Entry :: Next Entry

Back to Top

Powered by JournalScape © 2001-2010 JournalScape.com. All rights reserved.
All content rights reserved by the author.