No matter what the day brings, deep down I know it really is a good day because I have the man of my dreams, a kitty who loves me, a roof over my head and I live in paradise.

Get Email Updates
Al-Anon Family Groups
annanotbob3's journal
A Place of My Own
bunt sign
Eric Mayer Byzantine Blog
Hyperbole and a Half
L. L. Bean
LA the Sage
Reenies's Reach
Talking Stick
Thoughts From Crow Cottage
Topsy Turvy's Journal
Email Me

Admin Password

Remember Me

279611 Curiosities served
Share on Facebook

Back Away From the Computer
Previous Entry :: Next Entry


Read/Post Comments (0)


"All things were together. Then mind came and arranged them." - Anaxagoras

Yesterday I finally had to do it. By it, I mean, back away from the computer. LOL. You may laugh with me but I am serious. Being on the computer is addicting.

When I am on the computer, I have:

+ Word open. I am usually writing at least one if not two different pieces.

+ I have one computer game going for when I need to take a break from thinking. This is a laugh since I'm play mahjong and I feel this is a thinking game.

+ I may have one to four windows open for the Internet. Two are for reading and responding to e-mail. Two are for surfing. I find it amazing that while I am perusing one site, I will find another site to look at and then that site has a link and, well, you know the rest of the story.

So yesterday, after writing and editing my WoM entries, I closed out Word. I had only one Internet window open for e-mail. I read e-mail and deleted junk. I chose not to surf. Then I shut the monitor down and went about doing some things around the house.

One was to sweep, dust and mop my dining room floor. It has been over a month since I have done anything with it. The floor I mean. Now that I have furniture in the dining room it tends to inhibit me in cleaning the floor.

Weird, I know. I like to move everything out of the room so I have an empty floor to work with. Well, that is not possible now with the dining room table and chairs. Don't get me wrong, I like our furniture. We have a place to eat and the table has become our desk as well. As Fly Lady calls it, it has also become a "hot spot." At least my side is. I seem to recall writing about the clutter I have accumulated on the table and in the chair beside where I sit. I really must work on it today.

Anyway, without moving anything but the chairs, I swept the best I could. Mostly what is swept up is sand from outside, kitty litter brought in by Bailey's furry little paws, and his dry food tidbits. Once that is done, I bring out my Swiffer mop and put a dry cloth on it and dust over the floor. I am pleasantly surprised how much comes up even after sweeping. Next I replace the dry cloth with a wet cloth and go over the floor again. Since this room is primarily a dust catcher, I can mopped the kitchen floor. I might as well as get my money's worth from the one cloth. Lawdy, lawdy this does make a gal feel good.
Besides taking care of Bailey's needs, I took care of myself for a change. I mean more than brushing my teeth. I did a facial scrub which my face needed and applied some make-up. Shoot, it was 3 p.m. but I didn't care. At least I would look good for Michael. Since, it is Sunday Night Football on NBC, this is a date night for us.

We pulled together some snacks and settled in to watch the Green Bay Packers vs. the Atlanta Falcons. In the first quarter, it looked like the Falcons were going to mop up the Packers. As we enter the second quarter, the Packer made two field goals for three points each. They did this two times and by half time the score was 14-6, Falcons leading. I do hope this isn't going to be a boring game.

Something must have been said in the locker room because the Packers came out and were fired up. I won't bore you with the details but the Packers won the game with a score of 25 to 14 and in Atlanta. The Falcons never had a chance after the first half. Ah, another Sunday night date to remember.

Beginning at 9 p.m. I have to stop eating and fast for the lab work I have to have done prior to my doctor's appointment on Wednesday.

At 8:30 a.m. my alarm goes off, I am not ready to get up. Anyway, with making signs to wake up, Bailey decided he would help me too. Oh, I am not so ready to go out into the world. But I do get up, get dressed, put some lip gloss on and head out the door. I get to the lab and realized I left my paperwork at home.

Damn! I even took the paperwork out of my date book so I would have it. I walked back home and found the paper on the ottoman. Grrr.

At least I am getting my walking in today.

I go back to the lab and get things settled. I have a small wait but I have enough time to read a chapter or two in my current book. I didn't get the tech I like but this one was okay. I also noticed that in the paperwork there was no mention of my Medicare coverage. I made the staff aware of this and I hope Medicare will pay for this visit. I think the last time, they did not bill Medicare and this is why I have a $75 bill now.

Blood drawn and now I am home. It was foggy when I first left the house. Now the sun has come out and it looks like it is going to be a glorious day. The weather report for the week said it was going to be nice all week.

At some point during the night, I let go of my crystal. I couldn't find it anywhere in the bed. When I finally got up, there it was underneath my body. I guess I am not a princess since I never felt it.

The little brown bird is back again this morning pecking at seeds.

mz. em
Currently reading:
-- "Charade" - Sandra Brown
-- "The Daily Book of Art/356 readings that teach, inspire & entertain" - day 14

Read/Post Comments (0)

Previous Entry :: Next Entry

Back to Top

Powered by JournalScape © 2001-2010 JournalScape.com. All rights reserved.
All content rights reserved by the author.